- “STV could allow extending suffrage to do more than add to the ranks of disengaged voters”
- "’Copper-fastening’ the voting system would be undemocratic.”
- “Only a preferential voting system, such as the Single Transferable Vote … provides both proportionality and accountability.”
- "People will not vote unless they can see their vote can make a difference"
- Why should I vote?
- The Church and justice in voting
- STV would help solve the devolution problem
- Voting dissatisfaction
- Reports of the death of electoral reform have been greatly exaggerated
- A lesson from Rotherham
This is the section of the site where we provide tools to help people who want to run an STV election. By making it easier to run STV elections we hope to encourage more organisations use STV and to ensure all STV elections are professionally administered.
We also provide alternative vote election tools as alternative vote is a special version of STV for one position elections.
STV Action Guides
STV Elections - Ballot Paper Templates
Alternative Vote Elections - Ballot Paper Templates
- STV Count Calculators are useful for understanding the calculations which are made during an STV count.